This Thursday is Half Term, so the school will not be open. Sam Orchard has kindly agreed to have us all at her place to try some unusual photography techniques. See the Diary Page for details.
Please let Sam know if you want to attend so she can manage the numbers.
The first round of the Melbourn Trophy has been arranged for Tuesday the 21st October.
Check out the Diary here for details
As you know, later this year we are having a competition called ‘Breaking the Rules’.
To clarify what is expected, we have created some points to help:
- This is a standalone competition which is informal and fun!
- The objectives are to be creative and to encourage a different approach to photography.
- Digital competition (see standard format rules for digital comp).
- Each member may submit up to 3 images.
- The photograph does not have to have been captured within two years of the competition date.
- Open theme (images may be of any topic).
- Images can be either colour or monochrome.
- The title of the image needs to describe or indicate the photography rule broken.
- Image needs to break one or more of the generally held photographic composition rule; such as (but not limited to):
- The Rule of Thirds
- Cutting off limbs / body parts
- The rule of odds
- Lead-in Lines
- Leaving space (breathing room and implied movement)
- Focus rules
To assist with some of the rules above, check out this page or search on the Internet. There are many resources there to assist with all areas of photography.
To allow as much time as possible to get your images taken and sorted, here are the subjects for next year – so no excuses! The subjects are in order of when the competitions will be held, but the dates are not confirmed yet.
Dates and Rules will be confirmed by the AGM.
Please remember when you pick a subject for the Lucky Dip, that you are responsible for creating the rules, so give it some thought before you pick a subject. Continue reading
The cold weather is really here now, so what better way to keep warm than nice new fleece or sweatshirt. Or plan ahead and order a polo shirt for the summer.
To make them even more sought after, all items will come bearing the Photographic Society logo! Continue reading
We are constantly looking for new competition themes to extend our range of subjects.
If you have any ideas for new themes, please contact Mark Fitz-Gibbon with your suggestions. Continue reading
The club has a ColorMunki available for members to use. If you would like to borrow it, please let Tim Somervell know or email him at email@example.com
Check out the updated News and Reviews page with links to BBC News in Pictures and the Travel POTY 2012 slideshow.